Applying to College This Fall?
- The Common Application essay prompts are available now (the Application opens August 1).
- Some rolling decision colleges are already accepting applications.
- With most colleges going SAT/ACT optional for 2021-22, essays will be a critical way for students not submitting scores to distinguish themselves. In some cases, where standardized scores won’t be considered at all, essays take on even more importance.
- Summer is the time to write, refine, and finish the college admissions essay!
New Essay Workshops
- I’m offering three workshops in June and July to help students write their best essays – for the Common App, their personal statement, handling school-specific prompts, and for scholarships.
- Group Workshop I is June 28, 4-5 pm, July 12, 4-5 pm, and July 19, 4-5 pm.
- Group Workshop II is July 16, 11-12 pm, July 23, 11-12 pm, and July 30, 11-12pm.
- Group Workshop III is July 16, 1-2pm, July 23, 1-2pm, and July 30, 1-2pm.
- Individual one-on-one workshops will be individually scheduled.
- Hour one teaches the structure of good application essays, what the typical admissions counselor is looking for, and includes a strategy brainstorm.
- Hour two tackles the elements of writing.
- Hour three covers editing and any questions that came up in the process.
- Each group workshop is limited to six students, so everyone gets individualized assistance.